Friday, January 9, 2009

Coconut Lime White Chip Cookies

coconut lime white chip cookie

A delectable vegan cookie, perfect for the spring time or when it is snowing out and you wish it was spring. This is based on a recipe from Vive le Vegan by Dreena Burton, but I've added a few things and removed a couple of things because most of the cookies I make must have chips in some form. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

1/3 c shredded coconut
1/4 c sugar
1 1/4 c flour, unbleached all purpose
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda

1/4 c maple syrup
1/4 c canola oil
2T soymilk
2 T lime juice
zest of 1 lime

1/4 c or more vegan white chips

Mix the wet ingredients, maple syrup through lime juice in a medium bowl.
Mix the dry, coconut through baking soda in a large bowl.
Add the dry to the wet mix, adding in the lime zest. Don't overmix.
Add in some white chips and fold in.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Eat them. Eat them all.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm cookies! Yum!

panda with cookie said...

Hey Vegetation! I think I remember you being allergic to soy, but any non-dairy milk would work in these. Soy just tends to be my default.

Julie Webb Photography said...

Yum, they sound delicious! I'm working my way through some tasty Jae Steele Flax Maple Cookies right now:

http://domesticaffair.blogspot.com/2005/04/simply-sweet.html

Taaaasty! :)

JohnP said...

I have to. I simply have to. Coconut, lime, and white chips: these cannot be wrong.

panda with cookie said...

I can send more chips if you run out, JohnP.

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

crap, those sound amazing.