Friday, January 9, 2009

Coconut Lime White Chip Cookies

coconut lime white chip cookie

A delectable vegan cookie, perfect for the spring time or when it is snowing out and you wish it was spring. This is based on a recipe from Vive le Vegan by Dreena Burton, but I've added a few things and removed a couple of things because most of the cookies I make must have chips in some form. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

1/3 c shredded coconut
1/4 c sugar
1 1/4 c flour, unbleached all purpose
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda

1/4 c maple syrup
1/4 c canola oil
2T soymilk
2 T lime juice
zest of 1 lime

1/4 c or more vegan white chips

Mix the wet ingredients, maple syrup through lime juice in a medium bowl.
Mix the dry, coconut through baking soda in a large bowl.
Add the dry to the wet mix, adding in the lime zest. Don't overmix.
Add in some white chips and fold in.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Eat them. Eat them all.

6 comments:

Vegetation said...

Mmmm cookies! Yum!

panda with cookie said...

Hey Vegetation! I think I remember you being allergic to soy, but any non-dairy milk would work in these. Soy just tends to be my default.

JulieWebb Photography+Design said...

Yum, they sound delicious! I'm working my way through some tasty Jae Steele Flax Maple Cookies right now:

http://domesticaffair.blogspot.com/2005/04/simply-sweet.html

Taaaasty! :)

JohnP said...

I have to. I simply have to. Coconut, lime, and white chips: these cannot be wrong.

panda with cookie said...

I can send more chips if you run out, JohnP.

Sal said...

crap, those sound amazing.