Monday, October 3, 2011

Brown Food I Eat Monday: The Grit in Athens, GA


Everyone knows that brown food tastes best. And that it doesn't photograph well.
Well friends, I don't take very good food photos anyway, so I am dedicating my MoFo Mondays to brown food I eat with accompanying brown food photos.
Today's brown food is the Golden Bowl from The Grit in Athens, Georgia. It's big pile of sauteed tofu over brown rice with soy sauce and nooch and it is delicious. Side of greens to cut down on the brown a slight bit. Delicious.

17 comments:

JL goes Vegan said...

I love brown food! And I love that you will post brown food on Mondays! Yay!

celyn said...

That looks amazingly yum. Even though it's brown.

Joyfulgirl415 said...

I want that big pile of brown in front of me!

jessy said...

brown foods really do taste the best! i don't know why more people haven't caught on.... i want those tofus in my face. pronto!

Dawn said...

I think we all eat more brown food than we admit. Thanks for bringing it to the light of day. That tofu looks really tasty!

Vegan Triangle said...

I'll have to go next time I'm there!

Whole Foods Markets around here (Raleigh) sell "Chicken" fried tofu that reminds me of this! It's delicious, but a rare treat.

Jen Treehugger said...

I love me a bit of brown.

Anonymous said...

I'm down with the brown.

Luciana said...

My lunch today was brown and green. I wholeheartedly agree!

Bonnie said...

Mmm, brown foods. I'd love to try that tofu!

Rachel Hallows said...

Brown and white foods are always the best and most comforting. And that meal sounds absolutely delicious.

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yay for brown foods! That big bowl of tofu looks amazing.

Lila said...

Fried tofu is brown. That is all you need to know.

bunniee said...

That looks good! I want a bowl of noochy tofu cubes.

Ty (aka Meccabell) said...

I love your brown food, Panda. It looks crunchy and gooooooooood!!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I cannot get over how delicious that tofu looks. It makes me want to cry, quite honestly.

Erinwiko said...

That's some fine looking brown.