Monday, October 24, 2011

Brown Food I Eat Monday: Miso Tofu

Yes, it is time for the final Brown Food I Eat! Look at all that brown. As an added bonus I have some no-bake cookie bars in the lower left hand corner, just to up the brown today. At top is a miso baked tofu that is one of my favorite things for sandwiches. Mix up some miso, nooch, soy sauce, liquid smoke, water and maybe anything else you'd like and bake it for 20-30 minutes at 350. I used Twin Oaks tofu this time around and that shit is good.

Undressed sandwich. Just look at the brown!

5 comments:

JohnP said...

That Twin Oaks tofu is nice and firm! Were the cookie bars a successful replica of the remembered original?

jessy said...

twin oaks tofu is the shit. it's the only 'fu we eat. i love that it's pretty local, too. huzzah! i want no-bake cookie bars! :)

Dawn said...

So hard to believe the month has gone by so fast! Another great brown food choice.

panda with cookie said...

John, those cookie bars were my first attempt at making the pb delight that was too oaty. I haven't tried the new recipe now that I know what they are actually called.

Luciana said...

I had Twin Oaks Tofu for dinner, then for breakfast! That stuff is made of magic!