Friday, November 5, 2010

Tasteless Tablescapes

Tablescapes! Such a hot topic these days. Now if you are like me you don't have the cash to buy a bunch of pretty, fancy dishes to suit the multiple tablecloths, vases and outfits you plan to decorate your table with. So I will provide you with some simple ideas that anyone can use to make their next dinner party fun!

Today's tablescape is what you get when you realize you are single and writing blog posts about your cat baking with Bisquick. A simple plate and glass with a vase full of liquor. Feel free to substitute in whatever alcohol is your preference.


I think the nice gold and black bottle caps really pop against the blue tablecloth. You can also omit the vase and simply place the bottles on the table but it will be a bit classier with the vase.

22 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Oooh what a beautiful table, I will definitely be using this idea for my next dinner party.

JohnP said...

Wondrous!

panda with cookie said...

Thanks y'all! I hope to prove that it is easy to be both cheap and classy at the same time. Cleapy? Chassy? I am working on it.

Anonymous said...

A tablescape suitable for royalty.

Candy Beans said...

I love it!

Luciana said...

Clappy!

panda with cookie said...

Clappy! Yes! I am clappy y'all.

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh :)

Amanda said...

This will be just the thing the next time the pastor and his wife stop by! So cleapy!

Jaymoh said...

And actually, clappier than Sandra Lee.

panda with cookie said...

Sandra Lee got nothin' on Panda Cookie. I see a rap battle throw down in the future.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I hope to see more!

BunzOfCinnamon said...

Hahaha, great post! You're right...the vase really classes it up.

jessy said...

i like chassy, and i also love your boozy tablescape. that rocks! and the gold and black bottle caps really DO make your blue tablecloth pop. :) also, i'm kinda jealous of your couch - it's really cute!

Emmeline said...

Panda, you are amazing.

Angela said...

Well, I don't have fancy parties or anything, so I was thinking I'll use your idea for my dinner with myself tonight. Thanks!

(hilarious!)

Elisabeth said...

Let's party!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

<3 <3 <3

Meggs said...

Sandra Lee sucks. Pandacookie is my heroine! Stay classy!

C.J. said...

This is probably the funniest VeganMoFo post I've seen! And very inspirational. If only my bottles of booze were that small! I don't think I could fit two economy-sized bottles of booze in a vase.

panda with cookie said...

I would say to improvise! If your big bottles of booze don't fit in a vase, pull out the bucket you use for washing the car and put it on the table with your economy size bottles. Just remember to remove the sponge. Don't have a car, and thus no car washing bucket? Perhaps a big cardboard box from the liquor store. It both matches the decor and is a fun conversation piece!

C.J. said...

I don't have a car, but I do have a bucket! What a great idea. It is definitely big enough for my economy-sized brandy and whisky.