Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mr. Bran Bakes with Bisquick: Biscuits

Mr. Bran, top chef, has decided to help me out for Vegan Mofo by offering up some of his favorite recipes! Now, as we know thanks to Calpernia Addams, there is no shame in Bisquick. So each Thursday Mr. Bran will don his wee chef hat and mix up some Bisquick breakfast in the kitchen while I laze about on my chaise and get lightly fanned by the pool boy.

Today's recipe is for garlic cheeze biscuits:
Mix
2 c Bisquick
3/4 c soymilk
1/2 c shredded cheese (I used some of my 5 pound Daiya supply)

Drop by spoonfuls and bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes.

Then take 2 T margarine and mix with 1/4-1/2 t garlic powder and brush over the top of the hot biscuits. Eat while in the company of the pool boy. Or Mr. Bran.

Verdict: These are pretty good. Very light and airy, so a bit different than the biscuits I am used to. But good.

17 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Nice work Mr.Bran, you sure do some awesome things with that bisquick!

Mihl said...

Hi Mr. Bran, come and bake for me! We don't have Bisquick, so make sure to bring a box. Thank you!

Ty (aka Meccabell) said...

I agree that Mr. Bran should come bake for me. That is such an easy quick recipe, thank you so much.

Sarah S. said...

Bisquick magic! You go, Mr. Bran.

jessy said...

hooray for Mr. Bran helping you out with the 5 pounds o' daiya. i wish my kittehs were awesome enough to wear chefs hats and make me biscuits, especially cheezy biscuits!

Lauren said...

I love cheesy garlic biscuits.

JohnP said...

Those do look good. Mr Bran's skills are growing.

Lycophyte/Carol said...

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1737,144174-228200,00.html
Here are some bisquick pot pie recipes you should veganize for mr Bran to make.

He can chew through a bag of mixed veggies, but he might need some help making a veggie gravy to replace the condensed soup, or BCG's vegan condensed soup replacements. May as well use the marmite. In place of the chicken I have used TVP chunks but I'm sure a can of beans or frozen and marinated tofu or seitan would also be excellent. Its tasty, too!

Sarah P said...

That Mr. Bran is so inventive.

Anonymous said...

I guess cats are better than dogs

Anonymous said...

Very inventive of Mr. Bran to use some of your Daiya.

BunzOfCinnamon said...

Biscuits, Mr. Bran, and the pool guy? I'm jealous!

celyn said...

Mr. Bran, your biscuits look delicious.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Mr. Bran for this awesome recipe for biscuits-in-a-hurry. I needed a recipe like this!

Anonymous said...

This picture makes me laugh every time. I think you should start an entire blog for Mr. Bran's Bisquick adventures.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Mr. Bran is making me want to go buy a box of Bisquick! Those look great!

Amey said...

Yummers never makes me cheezy biscuits.